Admissions Recruiter for Adult Degree Programs at Harrisburg University
The Adult Degree Program’s success will largely depend on creating and maintaining an entrepreneurial work culture that rewards innovation, drive, initiative, growth, teamwork, quality and productivity. A new full-time admissions recruiter focused on recruiting and admitting adult learners is a critical position required for this collaborative spirit. The hiring of such position is a visible sign that these attributes are valued at developing an adult accelerated degree program within Harrisburg University’s existing structure.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the recruitment, admissions, enrollment and tracking of adult learners, and to co-coordinate the marketing of HU Adult Accelerated Degree Program in the Central Pennsylvania region and beyond. This position will work closely with the Director of Adult and Professional Studies and existing admissions and marketing staff.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing recruitment strategies designed to increase the number of adult learners entering HU’s adult accelerated programs.
- Actively recruit new students into HU’s adult accelerated program.
- Actively retain both new and existing adult students
- Assist in the development of a marketing plan for the Adult Degree Program which includes Web content and advertising initiatives
- Enhance the reputation of HU’s adult program in the target market by developing and implementing marketing strategies designed to increase awareness and the number of learners entering the adult program.
- Collaborate to establish enrollment goals and plan activities to achieve goals.
- Work with the Director of Adult and Professional Studies, existing admissions staff and Associate VP of Communications and Marketing to plan and apply recruitment and marketing strategies focused on the growth for our target market.
- Evaluate plans, strategies and initiatives quarterly and annually
- Track recruiting and admissions efforts monthly
- Implement corporate outreach strategy including corporate information sessions, virtual sessions and job fairs
- Establish relationships and awareness of HU’s adult programming in the community colleges (specifically HACC), business community, and regional organizations.
- Promote the interest and welfare of Adult Degree Program and Harrisburg University through daily interactions with prospective students, the public, and the corporate sector.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and applications
- Familiarity with adult learners and adult market in higher education
- Recruitment experience
- Marketing knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101