Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is looking for a full-time admissions recruiter, responsible for the recruiting efforts of an assigned geographic territory. The most important component of job success, among multiple priorities, is meeting the designated enrollment needs for that territory. Must be capable of working independently and have the ability to begin and follow through with a plan.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with prospective students to provide high level of customer service as first point of contact
- Represent the university’s educational offerings at secondary and community institutions, as well as other admissions events to students, parents and counselors as outreach for prospective candidates
- Plan and execute significant regional travel and continue recruiting efforts throughout the year for strategic territory management; evening and weekend work will be required
- Work independently but cooperate with a high-functioning team to achieve the common goals of admissions to fulfill the mission of the University
- Communicate with faculty and administration to foster good working relationships and provide exchange of new opportunities in defined territory
- Prepare reports related to the history and progress of defined enrollment characteristics as needed
- Communicate the value of science and technology programs to both students and parents
- Be prepared to perform various other duties as needed related to general admissions activities
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- One to 3 years of successful experience in higher education recruiting
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication, and strong organization skills
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, knowledge of computer databases and receptive to use of new technology while also able to utilize web and social media platforms for recruitment
- Strong work ethic, high level of energy, creativity in and out of a traditional office setting and able to represent the integrity of the University
- Event planning, college admissions and financial aid knowledge preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (reimbursement will be provided)
- Excellent tele-counseling skills
- Experience recruiting first-generation college students
- Knowledge of Jenzabar or admissions database tracking software.
- Experience working an admissions communications funnel from inquiry to deposit.
- Ability to explain financial aid and scholarships to students and parents.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.HarrisburgU.Edu and follow the links to careers. Complete the application, and include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and the name of the position you are applying for. Email to HR@HarrisburgU.Edu. Applications will not be accepted in person, via fax or regular mail. This position search will remain open until filled.
Harrisburg University is an equal opportunity institution committed to the principle that access to study or employment opportunities afforded by the university, including all benefits and privileges, be accorded to each person – student, faculty, staff member or applicant for employment or admission – on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, sex or age (except where sex and age is bona fide occupational qualification) As required by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), the university is committed to the broad application of the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Age of 1975.