Aquaponics Program Coordinator
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is seeking an Aquaponics Program Coordinator to oversee the aquaponics greenhouse operations and facilitate related experiential learning activities. The coordinator organizes and instructs secondary, undergraduate, and graduate education and research in aquaponics, while simultaneously managing the day-to-day operations of the system.
In addition to constructing, maintaining and repairing aquaponics structures and production areas to maximize production and efficiency, the coordinator conducts activities in all aspects of crop production, including purchasing supplies, propagation, fertilizing, watering, fish farm management, pest and disease management practices and maintaining overall system health.
- Bachelor’s degree in aquaculture, plant or soil science, environmental science, agriculture and biosystems engineering or a related field; or the equivalent in professional aquaponic farming experience
- Experience maintaining recirculating aquaponics systems and related controlled environments; extensive knowledge of aquaponic plant and greenhouse production (vine and leaf crops)
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in building, construction and/or maintenance
- Experience in experimental design, data collection, and analysis
- Knowledge of best practices associated with greenhouse production
- Teaching and curriculum development experience in related areas of aquaponics preferred
- Understanding of USDA Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification and relevant associated processes preferred
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.