Assistant Data Communications Specialist
This position will assist in the onboarding processes that contribute to the University’s ability to attract and enroll students. This professional will track and maintain data functions within the University’s enterprise system. Responsibility includes management of student files, electronic student records, incoming and outgoing communications, and support for events and activities.
- Possess knowledge of admissions policies and enrollment processes to support the Admissions staff and maintain accurate student records to matriculate to the Registrar
- Receive, record, and file application materials submitted by applicants electronically and manually
- Enter and update student application data in the University data enterprise system, Jenzabar
- Track and maintain enrollment funnel matriculation for programs within HU: Dual Enrollment, Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral, and Non-Degree programs
- Execute the placement testing required for all incoming undergraduate students
- Provide customer service to inquiring prospective students, parents, and guidance counselors
- Proficient use of daily update procedures in Jenzabar, and the creation and updating of merged documents in the ERP system
- Work closely with Offices of Records & Registration, Financial Aid, and Professional Education to ensure compliancy
- Provide support for campus events
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Jenzabar
- Proficiency in Windows OS environment and Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Outlook, Office 365, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher and Word
- Experience in Higher Education is preferred
- Strong customer service skills and ethics. Strong communication skills
- Ability to comply with confidentiality policies
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
About Harrisburg University:
At Harrisburg University, students find a cutting-edge education focused on high-demand fields. HU educates career-minded individuals in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. We give our students the tools to succeed and shape communities. In turn, the STEM-educated workforce we produce helps stimulate the economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology in response to local and global needs. HU fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students looking to pursue a career in science and technology and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 4,400 as of May 1, 2017.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort began in Fall 2017.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management, or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Consumer Insights Research Lab, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center and The Food Science and Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with Penn State and St. Francis University
- Articulation agreements with Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Baltimore County & Lehigh Carbon Community College
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010 and the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.