Associate Provost-International Relations
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology invites applications for the newly created position of Associate Provost for International Relations. HU seeks an entrepreneurial, creative and broadly experienced individual to lead an expanding program of activities in international education and global engagement.
The Associate Provost will report directly to the Provost and provide vision and leadership in developing strategic international partnerships that align with HU’s global mission in higher education within science and technology. The ideal candidate will possess excellent administrative skills to ensure that appropriate administrative infrastructure and services are in place to optimally support international programs, students, scholars and initiatives.
Core responsibilities of the Associate Provost for International Relations will be to:
- Represent HU nationally and internationally;
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities, networks and points of collaboration between the University and international partners;
- Identify, cultivate, evaluate and sustain strategic partnerships with institutions of higher education to advance international engagement;
- Coordinate with the Provost and other senior leadership to advance the strategic international goals of the University;
- Seek international research partnerships to support University efforts
- Enhance incentives and address barriers for faculty engagement in international research, teaching, outreach and business partnerships;
- Advocate for faculty in terms of entrepreneurial opportunities associated with international activities;
- Enhance incentives and address barriers for transformative learning experiences with international cohorts;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and infrastructure to support international student and scholar integration,
- Collaborate with all Programs to grow opportunities for international student placement;
- Provide leadership for emerging campus efforts to facilitate international undergraduate research, field studies and service learning experiences.
Harrisburg University requires dedicated professionals who have the experience and desire to work in an active and collaborative environment that stresses high quality service delivery, entrepreneurial spirit, and close contact with a diverse group of internal and external constituents. HU is committed to the support and encouragement of a multicultural environment and seeks candidates who can make a positive contribution in this context.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated and sustained international engagement and the ability to work with a multicultural and international clientele
- A track record of success coordinating and leading aspects of international strategy in a university environment, or, alternatively, leadership experience gained in another service-oriented role requiring coordination and strategic leadership of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership and administrative skills
- The ability to think strategically and develop a shared vision
- An understanding of how to build productive relationships with administrative leaders and faculty members within a university
Candidates should have a distinguished professional and/or academic record of scholarly, research, and teaching accomplishments, preferably with strong international engagement components.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3200 as of May 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, and Project Management
- Trimester system
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101