The Virtual Classroom Producer is a contract position responsible for managing the technical needs associated with Harrisburg University’s E2C (Electronic to Classroom) offerings. This contractual position requires availability primarily during the evenings from 5 PM – 9:30 PM, but there may be intermittent assignments during normal business hours. The days/needs will change semester to semester. The successful candidate will work with the Adobe Connect system, faculty, students, and an array of audio/video equipment. Organization, patience and innovation will be the hallmarks of the successful candidate. Training and coaching specific to the Harrisburg University E2C format will be provided as part of the onboarding process. Some travel may be required.
The Virtual Classroom Producer will:
- Arrive on time, with the necessary equipment
- Prepare the physical classroom with the equipment necessary to produce a Harrisburg University E2C offering
- Test participant audio
- Monitor the audio feed to ensure fidelity
- Identify and implement troubleshooting protocol related to the E2C system
- Maintain professionalism and courtesy while troubleshooting issues related to the E2C implementation
- Monitor participant feedback and make adjustment related to volume, bandwidth, and other parameters during the implementation
- Document issues related to the system during class
The Virtual Classroom Producer has or is working toward:
- B.A. in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Design, Communication, Information Systems or related field
- M.Ed. or M.S. in Instructional Design (preferred), M.B.A.
- At least 2 years of experience working with products like Adobe Connect, Webex, Goto Meeting etc.
General Knowledge and Skills
- The three P’s (Punctuality, Professionalism, and Patience)
- General knowledge of common computer systems/virtual classroom software and troubleshooting practices