Contract/Adjunct Faculty: Management & eBusiness (remote for Adult Degree Programs)
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to the needs of the region and support its economic development, provide educational opportunity for traditionally underserved students in urban environments, and create evidence-based national models.
Contract adjunct (Corporate) faculty opportunities are available in the following teaching areas for our accelerated Adult Degree Programs:
- Business Analytics
- Business Finance
- Business Intelligence and Decision Making
- Business Systems Analysis, Modeling and Design
- Consumer Behavior
- Digital Marketing
- eCommerce and mCommerce
- Enterprise Architectures and Integration
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Internet and Web Technologies
- Marketing Analytics
- Market Research
- Quantitative Methods in Managerial Decision Making
- Research Design and Methodology
- Statistics for Managers
About the Adult Degree Program at HU:
The purpose of the Adult Degree Program is to offer the adult and working-professional undergraduate student a dynamic platform for foundational, skill-based, and higher-level applicable learning skills they can use in their careers – today. The Adult Degree Programs allows adult learners to complete a degree, obtain a second degree or earn a certificate which enables them to make informed decisions, be a valuable asset to their employer, eligible for promotion or switch careers. Adults bring a breadth of work knowledge into a classroom and the accelerated online format allows them to incorporate their skills and complete their degree in a 7-week accelerated delivery format. Courses are outcome-based, application-centered and project-oriented, so as to be applicable to adults in their jobs.
All academic work at the University, begins within a framework of applied and self-directed learning.
Interested candidates should possess a/an:
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate from an accredited university;
- Professional industry experience within the discipline/area they are applying
- Previous undergraduate teaching experience preferred; ideally with:
- adult students,
- in a fully online delivery environment,
- experience with accelerated pedagogies, course design and development, and online instruction
Harrisburg University seeks dedicated professionals who have the experience and desire to work in an active, innovative and collaborative environment that stresses high quality service delivery, entrepreneurial spirit, and close contact with a diverse group of internal and external constituents. HU is committed to the support and encouragement of an inclusive environment and seeks candidates who can make a positive contribution in this context.
Interested applicants should forward curriculum vitae to:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101 email@example.com
**The information below is applicable to the entire University and not specific to the Adult Degree Program.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3200 as of May 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies and Multimedia Systems, Computer Information Sciences, and Project Management
- Trimester system
Governance of the University includes a 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by the Executive Committee. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private non-profit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied, and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management, or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Consumer Insights Research Lab, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center, The Food Science and Technology Center, and the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement (NCSCE). NCSCE’s projects include the National Science Foundation-funded Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER).
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with Penn State and St. Francis University
- Articulation agreements with Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Baltimore County & Lehigh Carbon Community College