The demand for skilled data scientists and managers with the ability to use big data to add value to their organizations is growing fast and there’s never been a better or more exciting time to pursue a degree in this high-growth field.
Harrisburg University’s Master of Science (M.S.) in Analytics degree program is designed for students with a strong background in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or economics who are looking to learn the specific techniques and tools involved in analytics and the business skills to apply this knowledge effectively and strategically. Whether you’re looking to grow in your current position or branch off in a new direction, Harrisburg’s M.S. in Analytics will give you the practical skills and real-world experience you need to pursue a rewarding career in big data.
Supplemented by industry supplied projects, HU graduates will be exceptionally well equipped to harness and communicate the full value of data to the organizations they serve. This Harrisburg University master-of-science degree program is a powerful new entrant into the field of data analytics and is critical to developing of the next wave of analytics professionals who will find themselves well-positioned to launch their careers.
Businesses today use data mining and analytics to drive pricing, marketing, R&D, finance, operations, logistics, risk management and online activities. Graduates with a Master-of-Science (M.S.) in degree in Analytics from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will enter the workforce with the skills, confidence and expertise required to succeed in today’s information-intensive world.
HU’s Master-of-Science in Analytics combines mathematical and statistical study with instruction in advanced computational and data analysis. Students learn to identify patterns and trends; interpret and gain insight from vast quantities of structured and unstructured data; and communicate their findings in practical, useful terms. The program is designed for students with a strong background in mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics who seek the specific techniques and tools involved in analytics and the business skills to apply this knowledge effectively and strategically.
All three areas of data analysis are studied: predictive (forecasting), descriptive (business intelligence and data mining), and prescriptive (optimization and simulation). HU’s comprehensive curriculum provides a broad perspective, teaching the skills necessary to be highly effective in solving real-world business challenges. Students learn that simple data analysis can be misleading, that large-scale problems are not amenable to naive solutions, and that working with unstructured field data is different than working with the results of a design experiment. Coursework covers everything from database management, statistical analysis and data mining, to project management and business intelligence.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Analytics will be able to:
- Identify and assess the opportunities, needs and constraints for data usage within an organizational context;
- Integrate information technology and data science to maximize the value of data;
- Design innovative and creative data analytics solutions;
- Communicate clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences;
- Lead analytics teams and projects.
Graduates become data scientists and analysts in finance, marketing, operations, and business intelligence working with groups that generate and consume large amounts of data.
Graduate Admissions Requirements for Non-International Graduate Students
Each applicant’s candidacy will be evaluated once all admissions materials have been received.
The graduate admission process for non-international students requires the candidate to:
- complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply;
- submit final official undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which a baccalaureate degree was conferred, and any other institution of higher education attended (whether or not academic credit was earned);
- submit a personal goal statement including:
- future goals: identify career/professional goals; and,
- leadership or group contributions: describe examples of leadership experience in which you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- submit a hard copy resume or by email to Admissions@HarrisburgU.edu.
- The University does not require the GRE/GMAT.
International Graduate Student Admissions Requirements and Curricular Practical Training
To receive information on the requirements for graduate admissions for international students, please email your request to CPT@HarrisburgU.edu Click here for requirements for admissions and Curricual Practical Training! All of the University’s graduate programs are STEM approved and Curricular Practical Training is offered.
Click here for the weekend executive-style classes! Ideal for International Graduate Students.Int. Students Apply Here!