The 36-semester hour master degree in Computer Information Sciences at Harrisburg University provides a solid foundation in the fundamental areas of computer science and cyber security. The program includes courses to acquaint the student with current advances in the discipline, and their applications in business, health care and other areas.
The ability to devise a solution and execute it is the heart of the practice of this program. Designing such solutions requires creating efficient computation, which involves the integration of few key design notions of data representation, algorithms, programming, and knowledge in systems, data security, and software engineering in one unified framework.
A graduate of the program is able to integrate business, interpersonal and team skills, and the computational skills that lead to a professional employment and prepare them for the doctoral studies in the field.
Graduate Admissions Requirements for Non-International Graduate Students
Each applicant’s candidacy will be evaluated once all admissions materials have been received.
The graduate admission process for non-international students requires the candidate to:
- complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply;
- submit final official undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which a baccalaureate degree was conferred, and any other institution of higher education attended (whether or not academic credit was earned);
- submit a personal goal statement including:
- future goals: identify career/professional goals; and,
- leadership or group contributions: describe examples of leadership experience in which you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- submit a hard copy resume or by email to Admissions@HarrisburgU.edu.
- The University does not require the GRE/GMAT.
International Graduate Student Admissions Requirements and Curricular Practical Training
To receive information on the requirements for graduate admissions for international students, please email your request to CPT@HarrisburgU.edu Click here for requirements for admissions and Curricual Practical Training! All of the University’s graduate programs are STEM approved and Curricular Practical Training is offered.
Click here for the weekend executive-style classes! Ideal for International Graduate Students.Intl. Students Apply Here