Director of Secondary School Services, Programs & Partnerships
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology invites applications for the position of Director of Secondary School Services, Programs & Partnerships. HU seeks an entrepreneurial, creative and experienced individual to fill this position.
This Director will report up through the Provost’s office and will be responsible for maintaining and growing HU’s services, programs and partnerships with public and charter schools across Pennsylvania. The Director would work with public school districts and charter schools to build pathways from middle school, through HU, to a career in science and technology. This position will pay particular attention to urban school districts and charter schools.
Ultimately, this position greatly expands HU’s capacity to serve and educate underrepresented populations of high school and undergraduate students in science and technology, as well as infuse a focus on first generation college students.
Position Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Development of relationships within K-12 public and private institutions
- Create and execute articulation agreements
- Promote and champion STEM and Harrisburg University’s commitment to STEM
- Educate and assist local institutions with dual enrollment students
- Development and expansion of summer STEM exploration camps and events which educate K-12 students about the HU experience and STEM careers
- Partner with HU faculty in engaging with local schools to include aspects of our curriculum into their programs
Harrisburg University seeks dedicated professionals who have the experience and desire to work in an active, innovative and collaborative environment that stresses high quality service delivery, entrepreneurial spirit, and close contact with a diverse group of internal and external constituents. HU is committed to the support and encouragement of an inclusive environment and seeks candidates who can make a positive contribution.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- An understanding of the educational landscape within Pennsylvania and the region
- A successful track record of coordinating, leading and building strategic direction and partnerships in the advancement of education
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong leadership and administrative skills
- The ability to think strategically and develop a shared vision
- An understanding of how to build productive relationships with secondary school leaders and faculty members within a university
Candidates should have a distinguished professional record of accomplishments, with experience and/or relationships within Pennsylvania and/or the surrounding region.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3200 as of May 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies and Multimedia Systems, Computer Information Sciences, and Project Management
- Trimester system
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and a research statement, to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101