Graduate Program Coordinator
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
This Graduate Program Coordinator will be responsible for performing coordinative and administrative work in the facilitation of support for Harrisburg University’s graduate programs, including providing general administrative support to the graduate degree Program Directors.
Additionally, this Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to develop, plan, implement and assess programs that support graduate student transition and success at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
May include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides overall administrative support of the graduate degree programs
- Event Planning, including coordinating New Student Orientation/Residency for our diverse student population.
- Coordinates, monitors, and implements Graduate Program related activities, following policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and maintains communication materials.
- Maintains good public relations and customer service.
- Provides Graduate Administrative support.
- Meets and collaborates with faculty and other staff members to ensure continued success of Graduate Programs.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains Graduate Degree Plans and Graduate Completion documents.
- Ensures proper reporting and administration of Graduate program requirements.
- Provides logistical support for all Graduate programs.
- Collects, manages, and edits data for Graduate program reports.
- Develops technical written materials for processes relating to Graduate programs.
- Develops and maintains an effective record keeping and monitoring procedure.
- Ensures that support services are provided to the Program and community.
- Provides information and assistance to prospective and current students about admissions criteria, program requirements, and discusses issues involving academic and grading problems.
- Develop, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate educational programs and training sessions, including webinars, presentations, professional development offerings and in-person trainings.
- In conjunction with Marketing and Communications, create marketing materials for accepted students and their families, including print materials, newsletters, online media and website.
- Serve on various cross divisional and departmental committees including but not limited to international student orientation. Contribute to divisional project teams developing and implementing initiatives emerging from strategic planning.
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, CRM, and social media related tools
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field and/or related area preferred
- Ability to work with University faculty, staff and community leaders
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3200 as of May 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, and Project Management
- Trimester system
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101