Outstanding scholarly and professional achievement: These are the goals of the master-of-science degrees at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. This is the campus of choice for graduate students who value accessibility, flexibility, affordability, and a rich blend of deep, specialized knowledge in a field of study. We are committed to providing exceptional educational opportunities in a student-centered environment.
Harrisburg University’s graduate programs are designed to meet the educational needs of those who seek a full-time or part-time graduate education consistent with a technologically diverse and rapidly changing work environment. And working adults will appreciate the convenient schedules that can include online, weekend and evening classes. All HU master’s programs are available in an executive weekend format where students are on campus one weekend a month and take classes online.
M.S. Admissions Requirements for Non-International Graduate Students
Each applicant’s candidacy will be evaluated once all admissions materials have been received.
The graduate admission process for non-international students requires the candidate to:
- complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply;
- submit final official undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which a baccalaureate degree was conferred, and any other institution of higher education attended (whether or not academic credit was earned);
- submit a personal goal statement including:
- future goals: identify career/professional goals; and,
- leadership or group contributions: describe examples of leadership experience in which you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- submit a hard copy resume or by email to Admissions@HarrisburgU.edu.
- The University does not require the GRE/GMAT
A faculty admission committee will evaluate each applicant’s candidacy once all admissions materials have been received. The doctorate admission process requires the candidate to:
- Complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply.
- Write an essay (in English) on how this degree supports the candidate’s academic and career aspirations.
- Submit final official transcript(s) from the college or university at which the highest degree earned was conferred. An unofficial transcript can be used for admissions decision but an official transcript must be sent prior to registration.
- Submission of an official record of Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE).
- Provide two letters of recommendation from academic or industry professionals.
- Submit a resume.
- Interview with Faculty Admission Committee (University will schedule with candidates after receipt of complete application packet).
Your complete application packet should be send via mail to Doctorate Admissions Coordinator, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, 326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
In addition to the documents required above, an international student planning to attend the University on a student (F-1) visa must include copies of Visa, passport, 1-20, bank statements showing $26,500 or an affidavit of financial support. In addition to satisfying the appropriate admissions requirements and procedures, an international student must demonstrate proficiency in the English language if admitted as a non-resident candidate. Academic records should include courses studied, grades earned, diplomas, certificates, and results of comprehensive national examinations.
Domestic graduate tuition rate: is $800 per semester hour, part-time and full-time. For academic purposes, a graduate student taking between 9-12 credits is considered full-time.
International Graduate Student Admissions Requirements and Curricular Practical Training
To receive information on the requirements for graduate admissions for international students, please email your request to CPT@HarrisburgU.edu Click here for requirements for admissions and Curricular Practical Training! All of the University’s graduate programs are STEM approved and Curricular Practical Training is offered.