HU Careers: Assistant Registrar Position
Assistant Registrar position at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology
The Assistant Registrar for Scheduling, Transfer Evaluations & Advising is responsible for overseeing all transfer evaluations (graduate & undergraduate) and all aspects of the University’s academic scheduling. This position gathers and prepares scheduling information from academic departments to produce the University’s course schedule six times a year (fall, late fall, spring, late spring, summer, and late summer).
This position serves as the liaison between the University Registrar’s Office and academic departments regarding issues of course scheduling and academic-space utilization, as well as transfer evaluations and advising for transfer students. The Assistant Registrar should have:
- Experience working with faculty members and academic departments.
- Understand academic programs and degree audits.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under considerable pressure, adjust to constant change, and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong information technology literacy skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and organize complex information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and take individual initiative.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail, with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and advance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of work experience required; preferably in a university Registrar’s office setting.
- Knowledge of student information systems; Jenzabar and CollegeNet scheduling software is preferred.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101