HU Offering Free Day-Long Cyber Security Summit
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology will host a day-long Cyber Security Summit on November 17th. The free event is offered through the university’s Government Technology Institute Security Center of Excellence. The event, slated to run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., will feature speakers from Unisys, Deloitte, CISCO, IBM, Symantec and Level(3) and cover various cyber security topics including:
- Global Threat Landscape
- Improve Response to Cybersecurity Risks
- Underlying causes of cybersecurity problems on the Internet and the Strategy to mitigate the problem
- Best practices and strategic insight for Prevention, Detection, Analysis and Remediation
- Mitigating Vulnerabilities & Threats and Managing the Organization’s Technical Security Solutions Portfolio
- Cybersecurity Best Practices: Learn and Apply the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
The Security Center of Excellence supports security leaders and their staffs through educational programs, collaboration and awareness raising initiatives.
More on the Summit is found online at the Security Center of Excellence.
The University is located at 326 Market Street in Harrisburg, PA.