About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
The Program Coordinator supports Harrisburg University’s various centers, institutes, summits, workforce development and training customized specifically for organization’s needs. This role will support the planning, execution and administrative efforts ensuring success in these crucial programs. This individual will support the Vice President for Strategic Workforce Development and University Centers by performing administrative duties related to planning, directing and coordinating both the training and operational activities.
In order to excel in the job, the Program Coordinator must:
- Have good problem solving skills, be resourceful and take the initiative when needed.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of the requirements of the university programs as well as the structure and functionality of the department, institutes and centers.
- Be able to work independently and to be organized in their work to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Have excellent communication skills and be professional when dealing with all aspects of the university and their partners.
The job duties of the Program Coordinator include, but is not limited, to the following:
- Support planning and coordination of summits, events and all programmatic training endeavors taking place at the university and at client organizations.
- Provide support for integration of the institutes and centers with internal members of the university community, i.e. students, faculty, and staff.
- Build, maintain, and ensure integrity of the CRM contact database including registration and payment collection.
- Develop documentation and reporting to capture accomplishments and successes against Key Performance Indicators and develop plans to continuously improve the quality of programming and quantity of participants.
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions for all programs, including institutes and centers corporate sponsorship.
- Process invoices in a timely manner
- Manage communications effectively through social media, responses to inquiries through professional development website and phone inquiries and apply appropriate means of communication within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure all logistics including technology, layout, catering and any special requirements are properly planned for in advance of the events, and leading up to the time of the events and for the duration of them.
- Produce, review and maintain all written content (web, marketing, and social media) associated with the various centers, institutes and workforce development offerings.
- Serve as chief point of contact for maintaining university calendar for all space requests within the university outside of normalized classroom scheduling.
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, CRM, and social media related tools
- Ability to work with cross functional teams within the university and surrounding community
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field and/or related area preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of event planning and program management with an emphasis on programs connected to higher education and workforce training.
- Ability to work with University faculty, staff and community leaders.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3200 as of May 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, and Project Management
- Trimester system
Interested applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101