International Student Coordinator/ Designated School Official (DSO)
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology seeks a full-time International Student Coordinator / DSO (Designated School Official) to manage and support programs serving a growing population of international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. This Coordinator will be a part of a high-energy team that serve international students from 75+ countries.
The individual chosen, must demonstrate that he/she:
- Creates and adheres to sound administrative practices;
- Has fundamental experience in project management;
- Demonstrates skills and experience in information processing and reporting;
- Skillfully uses technology, such as Excel and databases, to create and maintain administrative and reporting processes;
- Can process large volumes of detailed-oriented paperwork in support of international student status;
- Works independently, as well as, in teams and is highly motivated;
- Ability to meet deadlines
The applicant, if not already a DSO, must be willing to learn and specifically follow Federal regulations relating to the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP), successfully complete certification testing, and successfully clear three background checks by the US Departments of Justice, State and Homeland Security.
The successful applicant will possess strong customer service and communication skills to include a strong ability to answer student questions; experience working with international and multilingual students is preferred.
The applicant will need to complete large volumes of detailed casework and data entry in both the University and U.S. government databases, following technical policies and sequential procedures as directed by the supervisor.
Applicants who possess experience working with a large international student population will also be considered.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.