Jr. Database Administrator
The Junior Database Administrator works collaboratively to develop a culture of sharing data across function, application, process, and service via seamless interaction between the web and multiple databases. Assists with enterprise solution planning, implementation, maintenance, and updates. Performs technical and analytical work in the selection, testing, deployment, and support of commercial or open source software in a university environment. Serve as subject matter expert and mentor for your assigned applications. Responsible for in-depth knowledge, training, and support of Harrisburg University’s ERP system Jenzabar.
- Responsible for database administration, data warehousing, and support of all university database solutions.
- Perform day-to-day DBA functions on all test, development, and production databases including: tracking, installing and upgrading database software; managing user accounts and permissions; monitoring and tuning of databases; troubleshooting database problems; planning and implementing backup procedures for production databases; developing and maintaining procedures for the security of the databases; and proactively monitoring system event and error logs.
- Establishes effective routines and procedures for product enhancements, participate in disaster recovery exercises, and maintain a complete set of updated user and technical documentation in support of university-wide data integrity standards.
- Maintains expertise with technical aspects of Jenzabar EX, a university Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) administrative database. Assures on-going support of Jenzabar EX, InfoMaker, and other related products. Coordinates with Office of Information Services team to establish effective routines for product enhancements.
- Work closely with Harrisburg University’s Jenzabar EX Module Managers’ group to leverage application features and accessibility to enhance administrative and academic processes throughout the campus.
- Maintain client/vendor relationship with Jenzabar and other application vendors.
- Actively participate in Regional and National Users’ Groups.
- Maintain budget for all aspects of Jenzabar and related applications.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and document software installations, upgrades, and migrations as needed.
- Coordinate training requirements for various applications as needed. Individual and training sessions may be required.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce data integrity and security policies.
- Manage trouble call tickets (using a helpdesk software).
- Manage maintenance contracts.
- As part of team, participate in short and long range technology planning.
- Involved in requirements clarification, writing technical specifications, and making presentation to business community, management and non-IS personnel.
Attention to detail.
Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate with both the business community and technical community.
BS or BA preferred
Expert in MS SQL including scripting, architecture and best practices
In-depth Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience (Jenzabar preferred).
Reporting software experience preferred.
Experience training both technical and non-technical users
3+ years working experience in a networked environment.
General application support experience.
Expert knowledge of windows architecture and applications preferred.
Applications Implementation and deployment experience preferred.
Knowledge of Active Directory and Scripting preferred.