Position Description: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology invites candidates to submit their interest in the Online Learning Production Coordinator, a 6-month contract position that reports to the Director of Learning Technologies. In collaboration with the Director of Learning Technologies and the Provost, this position will design and produce online courses. The contract position requires a Master’s degree and three to five years’ experience in instructional technology. Qualifications include experience designing, writing and developing instructional materials for digital delivery in an asynchronous format in higher education, experience creating courses with Moodle, along with excellent project management and interpersonal communication skills. A percentage of the work can be done remotely, but applicants should be able to travel to Harrisburg 2-3 times a week for meetings and working sessions. Experience teaching in higher education and facilitating sessions in Adobe Connect are preferred but not required. This 6-month contract position will design, develop and implement asynchronous online course solutions.The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting.
- 1. Collaborate with faculty to apply established asynchronous online course strategies along with create new approaches to unique course needs.
- 2. Coordinate the design and production schedule for multiple online, asynchronous courses.
- 3. Design, write and develop instructional materials and multimedia for online courses.
- 4. Apply an established rubric to the evaluation of existing online courses to identify tactical and strategic needs for course design, process improvement, resource needs and faculty professional development.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1. Three to five years’ experience in instructional technology, with at least 50% of duties as an instructional designer.
- 2. Three to five years’ experience with multimedia production in the Adobe eLearning Suite or similar tools
- 3. Experience designing, writing, and developing instructional materials for digital delivery in an asynchronous format for higher education.
- 4. Experience creating courses with Moodle.
- 5. Ability to communicate and work effectively with faculty, staff and administrators
- 6. Excellent project management, interpersonal communication, organizational, presentation, program coordination and problem-solving abilities, combined with a collaborative work style.
- 7. Master’s degree in Learning Technologies or Instructional Technology required
- 8. Ability to travel to Harrisburg on a regular basis is required.
- 9. Teaching experience in higher education, specifically at the graduate level, preferred.
- 10. Graphic design experience preferred
- 11. Experience facilitating online, synchronous sessions in Adobe Connect, preferred.
- 12. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.