Position Description: In collaboration with the Director of Technology Services and the Director of Learning Technologies, the Technology Implementation Specialist will support the implementation, training, documentation and ongoing technical support of educational technologies at Harrisburg University. This is a full-time, second shift position.
- Provide helpdesk support to faculty and students using Moodle, Adobe Connect, Taskstream and other academic technologies.
- Provide one-to-one consulting with faculty on specific technical implementations in Moodle, Adobe Connect, Taskstream and other academic technologies.
- Document steps, procedures, guidelines, FAQs and other self-help and training resources through a variety of media on LearnHU (the academic resource portal).
- Coordinate the schedule of live, synchronous sessions in Adobe Connect.
- Participate in the research, evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience using standard troubleshooting techniques with an audience that includes varied technical expertise and ESL students.
- Experience as a student in online courses.
- Excellent writing and document formatting skills.
- Ability to work 2nd shift and designated weekends required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with faculty, staff and administrators.
- Project management, interpersonal communication, organizational, presentation, program coordination and problem-solving abilities, combined with a collaborative work style.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Education or Digital Media, preferred.
- Experience working with Moodle, Adobe Connect and Taskstream as a technician or a student, preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Harrisburg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.