University Administrative Representative
The University Administrative Representative is responsible for responding to incoming phone calls, providing internal customer support to university personnel, handles the processing of mail, and assists in general office related tasks. Additionally, this individual may be responsible for maintaining and handling some university scheduling requests and will be responsible for performing basic and varied clerical tasks which may include keyboarding and/or computer data entry, filing, and operating standard office machines and equipment. This position will follow a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required and some additional post-secondary experience is preferred.
Experience: At least three years of general office experience is preferred.
Skills: Keyboarding skills required. Written and verbal communication skills, the ability to operate electronic, photocopier or other standard office machines, perform routine alpha-numeric filing tasks, and perform basic recordkeeping and tabulation tasks are preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs customer service duties by greeting University employees, students, and visitors, directing them to the appropriate offices or persons, providing factual information or materials to routine inquiries (within the capability to do so and within prescribed policies), answering the telephone, taking messages or routing calls according to office procedures utilizing organizational familiarity and necessary discretion, and making appointments as appropriate.
- Distributes incoming correspondence to appropriate office personnel, students, and/or faculty by receiving, sorting, opening (as appropriate), and routing correspondence according to prescribed office procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares outgoing correspondence for mailing by addressing envelopes, affixing the correct postage on the envelopes, verifying the completeness of the correspondence prior to sealing, and placing the mail in the designated pick-up location or delivering the mail to the campus mailroom.
- Prepares and/or completes standard forms and cards by performing basic keyboarding.
- Maintains accurate information and records relating to the functions of the office either by performing basic records maintenance of alphabetical, chronological, and/or numerical files or by performing basic keyboarding for data entry of information into an established database.
- Provides required or requested documents by operating photocopier equipment and/or standard office machines, collating and assembling printed or copied materials such as reports, bulletins, articles and manuscripts, and delivering finished materials as directed.
- Exercises discretion in the performance of assigned duties by being knowledgeable of University and/or departmental policies regarding confidential materials and information and complying with such policies when handling confidential items or providing information to University employees, students, or the public.
- Provides office personnel with necessary supplies and maintains sufficient on-hand items for future use by assisting with ordering, receiving, sorting, storing and distributing basic office supplies and equipment.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and a research statement, to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101