The administrative representative is primarily responsible for the administrative support of the department and serves as the first point of contact for students and faculty. The assistant processes and responds to all incoming emails and phone calls for the records and registration office, and processes transcripts, withdrawals, and other requests as necessary.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the University’s academic policies, curriculum and general University requirements, and works closely with the registrar, the director of assessment, curriculum committees, program leads and other members of the staff to best support the student and academic programs of Harrisburg University.
- Provides administrative and professional support to the department of records and registration.
- Works in conjunction with the registrar’s office staff to maintain the academic records of the University.
- Responsible for managing timely responses to all inquiries concerning transcript requests, form requests and registration/schedule questions.
- Answer incoming line and manage the primary email for the department.
- Complete all transcript requests in a timely manner.
- Process student forms and complete student registrations as requested.
- Schedule all new undergraduate students.
- Assist students with registration/conflict issues.
- Assist with graduate orientations.
- Prepares reports related to the history and progress of defined enrollment characteristics as needed.
- Perform various other duties as needed to support the mission and vision of the University.
- At least 3 years of successful experience in higher education, a bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations as they apply to student records (i.e., FERPA, HIPAA, PDE, etc.) as well as best practices related to academic policies and procedures
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy, flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with frequent interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships within a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, knowledge of computer databases and receptive to the use of new technology while also able to utilize web and social media platforms for recruitment; knowledge of the Jenzabar EX student information system is a plus
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.