Alumni Relations Coordinator
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is seeing an Alumni Relations Coordinator (ARC) to support the development and implementation of mutually beneficial alumni programs and services which align with the goals of advancement and the university. The position is responsible for developing, implementing and assisting with evaluating programs, services and communications that reach, serve and engage alumni. The ARC plans and executes a multi-channel communication program that inspires alumni pride, provides oversight for planning and delivery of key alumni engagement initiatives and is responsible for building focused partnerships between alumni and campus partners including admissions, student services, career development, Esports, workforce development, donor relations and STEM Up for alumni engagement opportunities. The ARC manages the alumni database and ensures that alumni efforts maintain a strong social media presence.
- Serve as a point of contact for alumni inquiries and deliver excellent customer service to alumni, faculty, volunteers and other constituents and create, draft and disseminate donor communications including letters, thank you notes, monthly newsletters, emails, presentations and reports; prepare content and post cohesive messaging across all forms of communications
- Create, update and maintain database of alumni and manage process for collection of and dissemination of class notes and identify stories about HU alumni and shares alumni-related stories with marketing and communications for promotion
- Create and implement activities and opportunities for various alumni constituencies that are aligned with the mission and vision of the university including the implementation of local and regional alumni programming
- Manage and coordinate the research, planning and logistics for alumni events, activities and outreach efforts
- Manage the tracking and measurement of alumni engagement data including updating lists, tracking event attendance, tagging alumni volunteers within the alumni database and developing reports
- Work with alumni volunteers through a variety of programs to help increase the reach of the mission of HU including working with volunteers from regional networks, shared interest groups and reunion committees
- Maintain the university’s alumni website and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, SnapChat, Tumblr, Periscope, Vine and Pinterest on a weekly basis (daily as necessary)
- Develop and maintain a calendar of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual events, initiatives, and other special projects; prepare task deadline calendars to ensure timely and accurate follow-through of projects and events
- Implement, design and coordinate alumni relations visits, meetings, events, programs and services such as chapter and affinity programs, board meetings, alumni conferences and reunion weekends
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion, and in conjunction with colleagues, to engage faculty, staff, deans and senior leadership support and implement best practices for partnering in development and alumni engagement efforts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and demonstrated experience engaging, cultivating and maintaining alumni relationships at an educational institution or similar nonprofit engagement of constituents
- Strategic and diplomatic thinker with demonstrated success in moving strategic agendas
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to compose letters and memos and to create spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Proven ability to manage phone and in-person communication with confidence and strong customer service skills including tact and diplomacy
- A strong work ethic, flexibility, initiative, creative problem-solving abilities, a high level of energy and the ability to work independently
- Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to manage complex projects from planning through implementation
- Excellent command of general business etiquette and professional demeanor
- Strong research skills, attention to detail in project management and proofreading
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to achieve goals
- Proficiency using MS Office suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (for mail merges, name tags, detailed lists; etc.) and experience with donor databases
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University- At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 350 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 6,300 as of May 1, 2018.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics and the first student cohort began in Fall 2017. A PhD in ISEM (Information Systems Engineering Management) will begin its first cohort in Spring 2019.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Government Technology Institute, and The Geospatial Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with:
- Penn State University – USA
- Francis University – USA
- Ramnarian Ruia College – Mumbai, India
- Acharya Institutes – Bangalore, India
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos – Madrid, Spain
- The University College of the Cayman Islands – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- EFREI, Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies and Esigetel, Digital Systems and Communicating Objects – Paris, France
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya- Barcelona, Spain
- Rede das Faculdades de Tecnologia e Ciencias – Bahia, Brazil
- St Aloysius College- India
- Dayananda Sagar Institutions – Bangalore, India
- Articulation agreements with:
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Alvernia University
- Montgomery College
- Community College of Philadelphia
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010 and the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.