Analytics for Environmental Policymaking: Turning data into insights
The Center for E3 is working with The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) to advance evidenced-based decision making in environmental policy development. ECOS is the national nonprofit, nonpartisan association of state and territorial environmental agency leaders whose purpose is to improve the capability of state environmental agencies and their leaders to protect and improve human health and the environment of the United States of America.
Kevin Purcell, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Data Science & Program Lead for the ANLY Program, and Pavlo Buryi, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Economics are surveying ECOS members on current practices, attitudes, needs, aspirations, and obstacles to developing and using analytical tools to support evidence-based policymaking in state and territorial environmental agencies. The survey will gather information on the use of/potential for data science for environmental policymaking by state and territorial environmental agencies. The survey results will be published, and used to inform future collaborative efforts with ECOS and its member agencies.
- Center for E3 to present “Introduction to Data Analytics” for Environmental Council of the States: http://harrisburgu.edu/center-for-e3-to-present-introduction-to-data-analytics-for-environmental-council-of-the-states/ December 4, 2017
- Expert to spotlight contentious environment-vs.-industry issue at HU: http://harrisburgu.edu/fracking-expert-author-to-speak-at-harrisburg-university/ February 6, 2018
- Making Data More Accessible to Enhance Protection of the Susquehanna (RiverStewards blog): https://riverstewards.info/making-data-more-accessible-to-enhance-protection-of-the-susquehanna/ September 8, 2018
- HU fuels innovation with Presidential Research Grants: http://harrisburgu.edu/hu-awards-18-presidential-research-grants/ November 5, 2018
- Harrisburg University Announces 2019 Distinguished Speaker Series on Climate Disruption and Sustainable Development: http://harrisburgu.edu/e3-climate-change-speakers/
“The Fracking Debate” Lecture: