Assistant Resources Librarian
The Assistant Resources Librarian (OERs/Info Services) would report to the University Librarian and work in the HU Learning Commons weekdays and some rotating evening or weekend hours. Duties include the three areas listed below, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with faculty to assess and meet information resource needs
- Select, process, and catalog items
- Market and promote library resources
- Provide resources and support to students and faculty conducting thesis, dissertation, project, or other research
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with use of Digital Commons
- Coordinate with faculty and the University Librarian to ensure maximum accessibility of e-resources
- Provide reference assistance to students, faculty, and staff.
Textbook & OER Services:
- Work with faculty to select, implement, and create open educational resources (OERs) for their courses
- Review materials for and contribute to the global community of educators working with OERs
- Build training and informational programs on OERs for faculty
- Exchange ideas and explore ways to make OERs more accessible and sustainable at Harrisburg University
- Work with faculty, librarians, and rightsholders to compile coursepacks
- Work with faculty and publishers to select and guide use of custom textbook editions
- Work with faculty and the Office of Records and Registration to maintain textbook selection records in compliance with federal regulations
- Required qualifications: Master’s Degree in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited institution
- Preferred qualifications: 6 months experience in an academic library setting; a graduate degree in a science- or technology-related field; documented experience working with OERs or textbooks; familiarity with Alma ILS; documented cataloging experience
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.