AV Support Specialist
The AV Support Specialist will assist users in using the audio-visual presentation technology and streaming technologies across all the University’s spaces. The AV Support Specialist will troubleshoot and fix AV related issues and help implement new technology solutions in various spaces. They also will be responsible for managing technical event requests and assigning the appropriate resources to handle such requests.
- Assist faculty and staff on basic AV system operation, provide training as required.
- Creation and maintenance of training documentation and/or training videos.
- Perform troubleshooting of AV systems and provide immediate fixes when possible. Additionally, schedule and perform routine maintenance such as filter and bulb changes.
- Assist with installing new technology by completing wire-pulls, terminations, and programming.
- Event Support:
- Welcome and assist internal and external users who are using technology in conference rooms or auditoriums.
- Provide help with basic technology needs i.e. connecting to the projector, setting up audio, setting up microphones.
- Monitor and check in on events throughout the day. Maintain a positive relationship with all internal and external users.
- Setup and produce live events using our Livestream platform.
- Maintain entire video library of recorded events on Livestream VOD platform.
- Check and manage event support requests via our ticketing system. Assign resources and reply as needed.
- Manage and train student IT workers in event support, schedule students when necessary to cover events.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic ability to troubleshoot and fix AV related issues.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to help resolve problems for any network or AV issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows based systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments as necessary.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Strong customer service and technical troubleshooting skills.
- AVXIA CTS certification.
- Crestron systems experience, or certification strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with AV management (small to large meetings)
- Biamp products experience.
- Experience with Skype and other web-based video conference technologies.
- Knowledge and basic experience with IT related items, Windows/networking.
- Self-starter with the ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Ability to transport and position equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Harrisburg University at a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 300 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center.
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 6,469 as of November 9, 2018.
- Undergraduate Student Body: Approximately 50% female, 55% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort began in Fall 2017. A new PhD in ISEM will begin in 2019.
- Trimester system.
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management, or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Consumer Insights Research Lab, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center and The Food Science and Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with:
- Penn State University – USA
- Francis University – USA
- Ramnarian Ruia College – Mumbai, India
- Acharya Institutes – Bangalore, India
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos – Madrid, Spain
- The University College of the Cayman Islands – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- EFREI, Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies and Esigetel, Digital Systems and Communicating Objects – Paris, France
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya- Barcelona, Spain
- Rede das Faculdades de Tecnologia e Ciencias – Bahia, Brazil
- St Aloysius College- India
- Dayananda Sagar Institutions – Bangalore, India
- Articulation agreements with:
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Alvernia University
- Montgomery College
- Community College of Philadelphia
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010. And the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.