A High-Tech Campus That’s Reaching Even Higher!
Since welcoming our first class, HU has upheld its commitment to stay on the cutting edge.
Our students are studying to enter today’s most in-demand STEM fields. At HU, they learn in an environment that is as advanced or even more advanced than the one they will find in their careers.
Our facilities include:
- A 16-story education center that houses state-of-the art classrooms, teaching labs, modern seminar rooms, and a surround-sound-equipped auditorium.
- State-of-the-art Student Union Center boasting 7,950 square feet of space that includes dedicated collaborative learning and small group areas, private study and conference rooms, student club meeting space, an aquaponics lab outfitted with a video monitoring system for guests, fitness and gaming areas, and a self-service kitchen.
- High quality, affordable undergraduate student housing in downtown Harrisburg.
- Interactive Media Lab boasting an 84-inch Microsoft Surface screen, video and audio production equipment, a green screen, whisper booth, virtual reality technology, and state-of-the-art cameras.
- Modern Maker Space lab outfitted with 3D printers for research and creative exploration.
- Award-winning state-of-the-art eSports training arena.
Announcing New University Tower
As our student body has grown and our acquisition of state-of-the-art equipment has increased, we’ve come to realize that HU needs more space. The university now is constructing a new, more than $100 million 17-story Health Science Education Center a few blocks from HU’s education center.
The new building, set to be completed in 2021, will accommodate at least 1,000 new students in nursing, pharmaceutical sciences and other allied health programs, along with advanced manufacturing and interactive media programs. The tower also will house a 197-room hotel, conference center and restaurant.
In addition to HU’s extensive campus facilities and state-of-the-art technology, the university also is home to a number of learning Centers and Programs to advance learning and experience. They include: