Director of Professional Development Programs
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology seeks a Director of Professional Development Programs to provide critical support to the university’s various centers, institutes and summits as well as workforce development initiatives and training customized specifically for outside organizations’ needs. As a key ambassador for the university’s institutes and centers, the Director is a strategic, but tactical worker who is committed to cultivating positive relationships with key stakeholders, identifying employment and educational trends to meet the changing needs of employers and continuously growing sponsorships and grants. In addition to supporting the Vice President for Strategic Workforce Development and University Centers in day-to-day operations, the Director is responsible for the researching, planning, and executing programs to ensure success, including developing, instructing, and/or facilitating, program content.
For additional information about professional education at Harrisburg University, please visit https://professionaled.harrisburgu.edu/
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
• Demonstrated program leadership, program management and event planning experience with an emphasis on programs connected to higher education and workforce training
• Experience working in a non-profit/fund-raising environment preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and to develop strong, collaborative relationships with community leaders in the private and public sector
• Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to compose letters and memos and to create spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
• Proven ability to manage phone and in-person communication with confidence and strong customer service skills including tact and diplomacy
• Experience with website and social media platform management including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, SnapChat, Tumblr, Periscope, Vine and Pinterest; knowledge of best practices across all social media platforms, including targeted promotions
• A strong work ethic, flexibility, initiative, creative problem-solving abilities, a high level of energy and the ability to work independently
• Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently in a deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to exercise good judgment and to manage complex projects from planning through implementation
• Excellent command of general business etiquette and professional demeanor
• Experience drafting and submitting grant proposals and managing awarded grants
• Strong research skills, attention to detail in program leadership and project management
• Self-starter with initiative and drive to achieve goals
• Proficiency using MS Office suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (for mail merges, name tags, detailed lists; etc.) and experience with Customer Relationship Management databases (CiviCRM)
• Ability to utilize web and social media platforms; knowledge of the Jenzabar EX student information system is a plus
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to Erin Hill at email@example.com.