Experiential Learning Coordinator
In collaboration with the Associate Director for Experiential Programs and Professional Development and the Director of Student Services, this position will manage and implement programs and services aimed at supporting student learning and success in the area of experiential learning.
- Advise undergraduate students on all aspects of their academic experiential learning.
- Provide one-on-one, email, and telephone experiential learning advisement to undergraduate students.
- Assist students and advising faculty with Internship placement and the development of Project ideas/proposals
- Manage the undergraduate experiential learning contract process. Review, approve, and execute undergraduate experiential learning contracts prior to student being enrolled in the appropriate course.
- Manage and implement mid-semester and end of semester evaluation of student progress.
- Assist with managing and implementing the assessment of the HU core competencies for undergraduate experiential learning Projects and Internships. Prepare assessment reports each semester and as requested.
- Assist faculty with resolving any student issues regarding experiential learning.
- University liaison to companies who are hosting HU students for experiential learning opportunities.
- Manage and track student experiential learning progress to ensure success.
- Promote student experiential learning placements in collaboration with the Admissions Office and the AVP of Communications.
- Collaborate with the Registrar’s office on experiential learning course enrollment.
- Serve on the Experiential Learning Faculty Work Group whose mission is to review the University’s current Experiential Learning components and identify gaps in resources or implementation, recommend changes to policies and procedures, and oversee the implementation of the changes in an effort to enhance HU’s experiential learning programs.
BA or BS degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Higher Education or a related field preferred. Two years of related experience in Career Services, Internship Programs Management, Recruiting or Organizational Development required. Additional years of experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A track record of success in partnering and developing successful long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
- Comfortable with various technologies connected to relationship management and recruiting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to run reports and analyze data in Excel.
- High level of proficiency of LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, innovative and willingness to try new things.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and commitment to customer service.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, ability to set goals and execute business development activities with confidence.
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing and rapidly growing work environment.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg in the county of Dauphin
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is nearly 4000 as of December 1, 2016.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 49% female, and 53% minority
- 98% demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort will begin in Fall 2017.
- Trimester system
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101