Full-time and Corporate (Part-time) Faculty – Blockchain and FinTech
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is seeking full and part-time faculty to support a partnership between Harrisburg University, Allegro Learning Solutions, Hussian College and TalentSprint to deliver a Blockchain and FinTech boot camp as well as courses to support various undergraduate and graduate programs at Harrisburg University’s Philadelphia and Harrisburg locations.
Presented over the course of four months, the faculty will deliver a FinTech and Blockchain Bootcamp with established curriculum taught through a blended online and face-to-face weekend session format. In addition to advising students in content and career preparation, this team will also serve as the FinTech and/or Blockchain subject matter experts (SME) for Harrisburg University and Hussian College.
The positions will primarily be based in Philadelphia, but candidates who are willing to travel to teach in Philadelphia and Harrisburg will be preferred, to accommodate future boot camp and graduate course locations.
• Deliver prepared curriculum in a four-month Blockchain and FinTech boot camp through online and face-to-face classroom sessions
• Attend training and onboarding sessions to prepare for boot camp sessions
• Conduct lab sessions on Blockchain and/or FinTech
• Help students solve difficulties in completing assignments and assessments
• Resolve queries raised by students on Blockchain and/or FinTech concepts and implementation
• Advise students regarding career opportunities
• Provide subject matter expertise for curricular adjustments and future curricular visioning
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Finance, Statistics or a related field; Ph.D. preferred
Blockchain Candidate Qualifications:
At least 3 years in software development and designing solutions with at least 1 year of experience in Blockchain related technologies.
- Specific skills desired include:
• Procedural and OO programming languages (C++, JAVA, or Python is preferred), flat and relational databases, with deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
• Robust mathematical background including cryptography and open public key analysis
• Developer role experience in cryptocurrency projects
• Ability to apply sound blockchain concepts and related technology concepts
• Peer-to-peer networks provisioning and deployment experience for distributed, decentralized applications
• Awareness of current developments in Blockchain and Decentralized ecosystems
- 1-3 years of adult training or post-secondary teaching experience preferred
FinTech Candidate Qualifications:
FinTech experience, including:
- Understanding of the FinTech space including Payment Systems, Financial Markets, Lending, Insurance and Wealth Management
- Exposure to regulatory environments in the Banking, Finance and FinTech space
- Exposure to international markets
5-7 years in Banking and Finance in implementing Technology Solutions to business problems and at least 1 year of experience in FinTech related technologies. Specific skills desired include:
- Product, business or a technology role in implementing digital solutions for Financial markets
- Sound FinTech concepts in banking, financial markets and insurance, having a technology impact on products and services
- Awareness of current developments in the FinTech space
- Working experience with Ethereum and smart contacts
- Research interest: the intersection of blockchain and the IoT is a plus.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is a plus
1-3 years of adult training or post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (stating full or part-time interest) and resume to HR@HarrisburgU.edu.