Full-Time Faculty Lecturer in Project Management
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
About the M.S. Project Management program at HU:
The Project Management degree program at Harrisburg University offers traditional and agile project management instruction that responds to local and global needs using online and face-to-dace instructional methods. In support of this mission, the degree program provides innovative academic and experiential learning opportunities that require students to understand, apply, analyze, synthesize and evaluate projects, teams and leaders in enterprise environments.
Subject matter expertise is not enough to produce a high-quality product or service on time, on-budget and to the defined specifications. The complexities of modern product development and project management require a professional with specific technical approach in project management, combined with strong leadership and communication skills. This program leads to a Master of Science degree that prepares the student for career advancement in the field of project management and for positions such as program manager, project manager, lead project engineer, Agile Project Manager or ScrumMaster.
Interested candidates should provide evidence of experience in teaching and instructional development with prior industry experience being a plus.
Harrisburg University requires dedicated professionals who have the experience and desire to work in an active and collaborative environment that stresses high quality service delivery, entrepreneurial spirit, and close contact with a diverse group of internal and external constituents. HU is committed to the support and encouragement of a multicultural environment and seeks candidates who can make a positive contribution in this context.
Interested candidates should possess a/an:
- Earned Master’s Degree from an accredited university in engineering, information systems or a related field, with an emphasis or minor in project management or doctorate from an accredited university in project management.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience plus 2 years of teaching experience;
- Willingness, ability, and aptitude for graduate level teaching;
- Ability to initiate and supervise interdisciplinary, applied projects
- Areas of specialization span the broad range of project management preferably in both traditional and agile methods
Ability to teach several of the following courses: Fundamentals of Project Management, Agile Project Management, Planning and Executing Projects, Contracting, Risk Management, Project Management Offices, Quality Management, Agile Lean Product Development, Communications, and Leadership.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research, to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Harrisburg University- At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 350 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 6,300 as of August 1, 2018.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort began in Fall 2017. A PhD in ISEM (Information Systems Engineering Management) will begin its first cohort in January 2019.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, the Government Technology Institute, and the Geospatial Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with:
- Penn State University – USA
- Francis University – USA
- Ramnarian Ruia College – Mumbai, India
- Acharya Institutes – Bangalore, India
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos – Madrid, Spain
- The University College of the Cayman Islands – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- EFREI, Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies and Esigetel, Digital Systems and Communicating Objects – Paris, France
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya- Barcelona, Spain
- Rede das Faculdades de Tecnologia e Ciencias – Bahia, Brazil
- St Aloysius College- India
- Dayananda Sagar Institutions – Bangalore, India
- Articulation agreements with:
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Alvernia University
- Montgomery College
- Community College of Philadelphia