Harrisburg University Stories: Facing the 2020 Pandemic Together
We are living through an historic event and disruption that is impacting both our University community and individuals within our community in ways not imaginable just six months ago. So, we are launching a new project to capture how this experience has impacted our students, faculty, staff, and those connected to us throughout the Central Pennsylvania region and the international community. We want to capture individual experiences, stories, and reflections through the original written word, song, art, photos, video, etc. We are inviting you to join this project and share your story and experiences during this pandemic. This will be a digital collection that provides insights into our human experience both today and 50 years from now.
We are most interested in you sharing your experience, insights, and reflections. We are less interested in making sure your submission has perfect grammar, spelling, or style. Please complete this form to get started.
Below are some ideas to think about and help get you started. These ideas are only meant to provoke thought and reflection about your personal experience. The overarching objective of the project is to collect your story told in your voice, your words reflecting on your individual experience that has the common thread of impacting us all – uniquely apart, but together as a community.
- What impact is the Pandemic having on how you are working, studying, connecting, celebrating, commiserating, playing?
- What kind of adjustments are you having to make because of the pandemic?
- What are you “wishing for” or “wanting” the most during the pandemic?
- What are you learning about yourself?
- When did you first learn about the coronavirus? What were your initial reactions? How has that changed?
- What is the biggest change in your day-to-day so far?
- Describe any events you witnessed that capture your or your community’s response to the virus. (Examples: a trip to the store, moving in with family, a conversation with friends)
- What do you think the “new normal” will be?
- How do you think the virus will impact the Central Pennsylvania region in the upcoming months? The Commonwealth? Your home region?
- As you reflect on your experience, share your thoughts.
We invite you to tell us your story and to upload it. If you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact the HU Library at Library@HarrisburgU.edu.
By submitting to this project, you agree that your work may be made public and may be published. Harrisburg University reserves the right to not make your work public or include it in any publication. Submissions must come from individuals who are 18 years or older (unless documented permission is granted), they must be original works, and will be reviewed to make certain that no privacy or intellectual property violations occur during this public health crisis.