HU to host PA Financial Literacy Conference
Co-Chaired by Dr. Jay Liebowitz, Distinguished Chair of Applied Business and Finance, Harrisburg University, and Tim DeFoor, Controller, Dauphin County, Pa., the PA Financial Literacy Conference, featuring a host of top financial minds from across the U.S. The conference will take place in HU’s 14th floor auditorium, and in the Select Medical Learning Center on the 11th floor (Room 1151), from 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. on April 2, 2020.
Following opening remarks from Harrisburg University President Dr. Eric Darr, the day will kick off with a morning keynote: “State of Affairs of Financial Literacy Education in the Commonwealth of PA,” delivered by state Rep. Michael Driscoll, who led the charge in adopting the Pennsylvania’s Financial Literacy Education bill. The afternoon keynote: “Financial Literacy Education: Fast Lane and Research Directions,” will be presented by Hallie Davis, Director, Fast Lane, Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center at George Washington University.
Other presenters will include:
- Hilary Hunt, Director, Making Cents Project, a cooperative effort of the PA Dept. of Education and Penn State University
- Ted Daniels, President, Society for Financial Education and Professional Development
- Tiara Booker-Dwyer, Assistant Superintendent, Division of Career and College Readiness, State of Maryland
- Rebecca Maxcy, Director, University of Chicago Financial Education Initiative.
- Ben Martz, Dean, College of Business and Michael Lynch, Assistant Professor, Shepherd University
- Tim DeFoor, Controller, Dauphin County.
- An invited panel of Superintendents and School Boards (with Hilary Hunt, Panel Chair)
Seating for the event is limited. An RSVP is required.
RSVP at HarrisburgU.edu/RSVP.
Learn more about the conference Here.
About Harrisburg University
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.