HU to launch Quantum Info. Science Program
Quantum computing is poised to flip the computing world upside down as quantum properties increasingly are used to build new computers and other communication equipment.
Perhaps you heard of a little company by the name of Google, which recently said its quantum computer needed only a few minutes to perform a task that would take a supercomputer at least 10,000 years to complete.
Quantum information science requires an entirely new way of thinking about how to solve problems with computers. And it’s why HU will begin offering a Quantum Information Science concentration within its Next Generation Technologies Masters Degree program during the Fall 2020 semester.
And starting in Spring 2020, HU will offer three 3-credit graduate-level quantum information science courses:
- Foundations of Quantum Information Science
- Programming Quantum Computers Algorithms
- Applications of Quantum Computing
At the completion of the Masters in Next Generation Technologies, Quantum Information Science program the graduating student will be able to:
- Recognize the necessity for conducting theoretical and empirical analysis.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology, advanced learning, and entrepreneurship qualities; and,
- Master one such disruptive technology [Quantum Information Science].
- Demonstrate capability to program an algorithm in several quantum computing programming languages across multiple quantum machine architectures.
- Demonstrate an ability to obtain and share relevant information in a productive manner with others in the pursuit of solving a complex business or scientific problem.
- Work as a productive member of a team to collaborate and successfully solve a quantitative problem through the use of a quantum programming language.
- Develop an appropriate level of new science in quantum information science by producing a publishable academic paper.
For more information, follow this Link.
About Harrisburg University
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Harrisburg University is a private non-profit university offering bachelor and graduate degree programs in science, technology, and math fields to a diverse student body. For more information on the University’s affordable demand-driven undergraduate and graduate programs, call 717.901.5146 or email, Connect@HarrisburgU.edu.