Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator:
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology seeks an institutional effectiveness coordinator that is responsible for designing research studies and collecting, analyzing and reporting institutional data to support decision-making, strategic initiatives, institutional accountability and continuous improvement at the university.
The coordinator works with various departments and all levels of university stakeholders (faculty, staff, and administrators) to create dashboards, clarify goals, develop meaningful measures of success, design and manage student, faculty and alumni surveys, implement targeted studies on a variety of topics relating to institutional goals, provide college data to internal and external audiences and utilize statistical methods to improve analyses and inferences of institutional data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management of official information and serve as the coordinator of institutional based information as it relates to institutional data; prepare and publish college data and statistics in a manner understandable to various audiences
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the university’s academic programs, goals and outcomes; work closely with the VP for finance, the provost and other members of the university to create assessment dashboards and key performance indicators and establish best practices in capturing and reporting institutional data to enhance institutional effectiveness programs in support of the university’s mission and vision
- Work closely with administrative, enrollment and academic units to collect, analyze and prepare university-wide data and documentation; compile and conduct institutional research pertaining to admissions, academic performance, retention, progression, student satisfaction, graduation, internships, post-graduation employment, financial assistance, fiduciary efficiency, faculty and student awards and grants, accreditation, various return of investment statistics and any other statistical data that supports national ranking and institutional branding efforts
- Strategically identify new areas of focus and research beneficial institutional ranking reports for future submissions to increase global awareness and grow the university’s brand
- Assist in the study design and methodological questions related to projects and predictive analytics of various institutional, planning and assessment projects
- Design and administer all institutional surveys for institutional effectiveness, assessment and other functional areas as necessary; conduct appropriate qualitative and quantitative statistical analyses statistical analyses on data collected for intuitional self-study purposes; summarize and compare data from surveys to benchmark the university on a regional, national and global level and for internal year-on-year assessments
- Oversee the management of data collection and documentation to ensure timely report submissions including establishing deadlines, periodic follow-ups, and holding colleagues accountable, maintaining communication and developing necessary institutional effectiveness programs as necessary
- Work with the director of assessment to analyze student learning outcomes and determine areas for focused improvement in terms of support and initiatives outside of the classroom
- Develop and implement efficient methods to collect and track student employment data related to job placement sites, as well as participation and success within their field of study
- Maintain and update the annual and institutional effectiveness report; compile, clean and organizing data for the annual institutional fact-book
- Research and identify government, foundation and corporate grant opportunities applicable to the university’s strategic vision; lead and manage the grant writing process for all institutional proposals; coordinates and monitors the tasks of the various participants
- Track submissions of grants, expenditures of funded grants and ensure that appropriate reporting is completed in a timely fashion
- Maintain all institutional research data files
- Maintain information, manipulate data and process reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data analytics, education or a related field or the equivalent work experience in assessment; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in a higher education environment; experience in institutional research and/or proposal writing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data (including survey design and administration), prepare and interpret research reports, draw conclusions and propose actionable recommendations based on research data and findings
- Knowledge of advanced statistics and research methodology, including the software to support these efforts
- Experience using analytical and quantitative skills including an understanding of statistical concepts of basic predictive modeling as applied to education and social research
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy, flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Organizational and time-management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with frequent interruptions and at times, the need to provide time-sensitive responses
- Excellent report writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and employers
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, experience with computer-based integrated student databases and other data management systems, query and reporting tools
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 5.300 as of December 1, 2017.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort began in Fall 2017.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management, or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Consumer Insights Research Lab, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center and The Food Science and Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with Penn State and St. Francis University
- Articulation agreements with Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Baltimore County & Lehigh Carbon Community College
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010 and the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.