The staff and faculty will work diligently with you to ensure a smooth arrival so you can enjoy your graduate studies as part of curricular practical training at the University. Below is some additional information that you may find useful. You will find answers to non-admissions questions (such as transferring SEVIS, making payments, accommodations, etc) at http://global.harrisburgu.edu/iso/frequently-asked-questions/
Newly admitted students and current students can also seek help following the link.: https://harrisburgu-advocate.symplicity.com/care_report/ Follow the prompts to enter the requested identifying information and to enter your specific area of interest. You need to select “international student inquiry”. Attach any necessary documents under “documents” After you submit the inquiry, please wait three business days for the DSO team to respond.
If you need assistance, please email Admissions@HarrisburgU.edu Email is the University’s preferred method of communication.
Upcoming Start Dates and Weekend Dates Students Will Be On Campus (Bold dates are orientation).
Dates may change so please refer to the academic calendar found in your catalog or online at Academic Calendars.
- Dates for students starting on (Late Spring 2020) March 13, 2020: March 14-15, April 25-26, and May 30-31, 2020
- Dates for Students starting on (Early Summer 2020) May 1, 2020: May 2-3, June 6-7, and July 25-26, 2020
- Dates for Students starting on (Late Summer 2020) July 10, 2020: July 11-12, August 15-16, and September 26-27, 2020
- Dates for Students starting on (Early Fall 2020) August 28, 2020: August 29-30, October 10-11, and November 14-15, 2020
- Dates for Students starting on (Late Fall 2020) October 23, 2020: October 24-25, December 5-6, and January 23-24, 2021
- Dates for Students starting on (Early Spring 2021) January 8, 2021: January 9-10, February 13-14, and March 27-28, 2021
- Dates for Students starting on (Late Spring 2021) March 12, 2021: March 13-14, April 24-25, and May 22-23, 2021
- Dates for Students starting on (Early Summer 2021) May 7, 2021: May 8-9, June 12-13, and July 31-August 1, 2021
- Dates for Students starting on (Late Summer 2021 ) July 9, 2021: July 10-11, August 14-15, and September 25-26, 2021
Acceptance, Student ID Number and Making Payments
The semester cost for the two-year six-semester International Student Graduate program is currently $5,300.
If you are accepted into the program, you will receive an acceptance letter. In the days following your acceptance, your Student ID number will be sent to you via separate correspondence. You will need that Student ID number to make your deposit online.
Deposit & I-20 information if you are in the U.S. or not changing status
If you are currently in the U.S., make your non-refundable $1,000 (US) tuition deposit online. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to your first-semester tuition and can be done online using a credit card. Once you have completed your non-refundable deposit, you may pay any remaining tuition and fees online. Your tuition and fee balance must be paid at least one week before classes start and can also be done online using a credit card. The University does not offer an installment payment plan for international students.
Deposit information & 1-20 information if you are overseas or changing status
A $200 (USD) deposit is required to be paid to receive your I-20. Once your $200 (USD) deposit is received, a SEVIS Form I-20 will be sent to you within the next (2) two weeks. If your visa application is denied, you may submit a written request for a refund of your deposit within four (4) months from the date of your payment. Please do NOT phone or email the university requesting the status of your I-20. You may make your deposit online here.
Information about I-20s, accommodations, registration, and other materials will arrive to you from the University’s Compliance and SEVIS office via email at a future date. It typically takes three weeks to receive your I-20.
When you receive your I-20, a SEVIS ID is on the form (N and 10 digits) and you will be required to pay a $200 (U.S.) I-901 fee to SEVIS using your SEVIS number. You may make this payment here. Then, schedule your visa appointment and be sure to take the receipt for your I-901 SEVIS fee payment along with your passport and this Acceptance Letter.
When you are successful obtaining your visa, please notify us as soon as possible using: IGotMyVisa@HarrisburgU.edu. In your email, state your FULL NAME, your HU Student ID number, and include a scanned copy of your visa as an attachment.
Then complete the following tasks:
- Make your non-refundable $1,000 (US) tuition deposit online.
- Finalize your travel itinerary to the U.S. and arrange your housing.
Arrival & Departure Times and Housing
Please make arrangements to be on campus no earlier than noon for the orientation date mentioned in your acceptance letter. Saturday classes run 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Attendance is mandatory. Failure to attend puts your status at risk.
If you are a new student arriving from a foreign country, it is recommended that you make housing arrangements at the International House or Pennsylvania Place before arriving in the United States. You’ll need to pay the necessary deposits and first month’s rental fee.
If you are a student currently residing in the United States, Harrisburg University asks you to book your stay at these hotels.
Important Contact Information
- Questions about payments: Business Office at 717.901.5105 or BusinessOffice@HarrisburgU.edu
- Questions regarding I-20s: https://isohelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/solutions,
- Questions regarding IT Issues or log in Credentials: https://ithelp.harrisburgu.edu/support/home
- Questions about Admissions, Acceptance Letters: Steven Infanti, AVP Graduate Admissions, Sinfanti@HarrisburgU.edu
- Questions about changing programs or registering for classes (effective March 3): Records and Registration is https://reghelp.harrisburgu.edu
Curricular Practical Training
To receive additional information on Curricular Practical Training, please email your request to CPT@HarrisburgU.edu