Earn your degree in a vibrant city
When your campus is located in the heart of a beautiful thriving city, student life takes on a vibrant metro vibe. You have all the eclectic choices of an exciting city within walking distance from your student housing and classrooms.
Life at Harrisburg University goes way beyond the classroom. Take your pick of student organizations, clubs and countless social and educational programs throughout the year. Whatever you want from your college experience – leadership opportunities, multicultural enrichment, an active social life—it’s here at HU! Don’t see a club that fits your interests? There’s a saying at HU that goes “if you can’t find a club to join, get a few of your best friends and start a new one.” Each year new clubs are created by students. So you can create a club that fits your needs.
This is your HU. It is you, the students, who give HU its unique character and identity. We are a community that embraces diversity – both in the people who learn, work and live here and in the experiences that enrich life in the classroom and beyond.
Student Services at Harrisburg University
Our Student Services team provides services and student life programs designed to meet a broad range of student needs and concerns.
- Academic Success Services. Contact Tutoring@HarrisburgU.edu. Smarthinking online tutoring, University Seminars, Campus Toolkit, Group study sessions, Individualized tutoring with student tutors, Lynda.com online software tutorials.
- Advising. For Individualized advising, goal setting, assistance with student advocacy for Grade appeal, Dismissal Appeals, Disciplinary Processes or the grievance process contact StudentServices@HarrisburgU.edu for Undergraduate and GradStudentServices@HarrisburgU.edu for Graduate.
- Career Services. Contact CareerServices@HarrisburgU.edu. Resume and cover letter review, Mock interviewing (scheduled events), Job search tips, Internship information, Junior and senior project referrals, Career counseling, Business mentor program, Assistance with graduate and professional school applications.
- Personal/Health Issues. Contact Counseling@HarrisburgU.edu. Referrals to counseling and other services, Student Health 101, Information about ADA accommodations.
- Student Life.Contact StudentLife@HarrisburgU.edu. Information on student clubs, club charter/formation information, campus jobs.
HU+U: Community Groups & Harrisburg Young Professionals
Many social and professional opportunities arise from our partnerships with various civic groups in the area, including the Harrisburg Young Professionals (HYP). Our students get a free membership with HYP. HYP serves as a catalyst in making Harrisburg a better place to live, work, and play, while developing and retaining future leaders. Its membership consists of active, civic-minded professionals who have a clear vision of Harrisburg’s future as a great place to live, work, play, and shop.
HU+U: What to Do in the Region
There’s plenty to do and to see in Harrisburg. Our location in the dynamic Harrisburg connects you to a diverse and exciting community that we think you will love to call home. Strawberry Square has numerous dining options, Fitness U for working out, and retail stores for shopping. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts hosts numerous cultural events and a movie theater. Restaurant Row and City Island provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and socializing events. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes and are the site for local concerts, art festivals, and shows. You can also tour Harrisburg’s many historic museums, workout at the local fitness clubs, visit the theatres or take in a minor league baseball game. Our location puts you close to hockey arenas, ski resorts and amusement parks, too.
We invite you to take in everything Harrisburg has to offer:
- Go to a minor league baseball game or visit the theatre.
- Shop, dine, socialize or play downtown along hip “Restaurant Row.”
- Enjoy the scenic and restful natural areas along the Susquehanna River.
- Meet friends at trendy dance clubs and restaurants.
- Tour the latest science exhibits at the Whitaker Center or the historic State Museum.
- Check out this link to learn more about things to do in the Harrisburg area.
Contact Student Services at 717.901.5173 or email StudentLife@HarrisburgU.edu