Why Choose this Course?
If you are intending to pursue certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) then this course is for you. This is a MUST DO for all Project Managers or those who want to get involved in the profession of project management. The course is designed to review and emphasize the project processes and knowledge areas, terms, tools, and formulas required for taking and passing the PMP or CAPM certification examination. The entire course content is compliant with the “Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 5th edition, (PMBOK®) from the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
This course will feature:
- Complete review and study of the 5 process areas, 10 knowledge areas and the 47 process steps, including the inputs, tools and techniques and outputs of each
- Review and hands on practice with sample test questions, problems and practical exercises supporting project scheduling, earned value management and expected monetary value
- Review and use of 20 different project management mathematical formulas for estimating, critical path analysis, earned value management, expected monetary value and probability and impact
- Extensive PMP and CAPM practice exams, reviews, and analysis of questions
- Overview of the PMP® application process, the testing process and insights for completing certification
What are the Goals?
- Understand terms, acronyms, and formulas specific to the PMBOK
- Learn the processes and knowledge areas specific to the PMBOK
- Recognize inputs, tools and techniques and outputs for 47 separate process steps
- Comprehend test taking strategies with technical, process and situational questions for the PMP Exam
- Understand PMI’s specific methods and expectations for managing projects (“PMI’isms”)
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- To apply, take, and pass the PMP or CAPM certification exam
- Describe industry standard project management practices and processes
- Describe the project tools and procedures that can be implemented to improve or establish formal project management methodologies
Who is the Course for?
The course is intended for project professionals in any business work areas who have been working as project managers or key members of project teams for at least 3 years. The course will provide the following benefits to these participants:
- Comprehensive understanding of the PMP certification requirements and test materials.
- Comprehensive review of the various processes, knowledge areas, formulas, terms and individual process steps for project management.
- Identify advanced set of project management tools and techniques for continued use or new implementation at the workplace.
- Preparation for PMP certification resulting in greater project management confidence and credibility.
This program is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who have been directly involved in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of any kind of projects
- Professionals who are working as project managers, project coordinators or key project or program team members
- Those who want to get a recognized Project Management certification and who recognize project management as a core part of their professional experience
How will this be presented?
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of information presented. This includes case study analysis, lecture-based presentation, video and audio inserts, simulated exams and exam practice.
Courses are presented in a classroom environment, online, or hybrid format with Project Management immersion to ensure that student pass rates for PMP exam surpass expectations. Course materials include PMBOK 6th Edition, Case Studies, take home practice exams, pre and post-test, Guide to Passing the PMP, PMP Brain Dump Quick Reference, and various handouts detailing project processes and best practices.
- Strategies for completing PMI® Project Management Professional certification application
- Identification of application requirements
- The Project Management Basics, Framework and Processes
- Comprehensive PMP® Pre-Test
- Project Exercise: Project Selection exercises
- Project Integration Management
- Practical Exercise: Integration Management practice exam
- Project Scope Management
- Practical Exercise: Scope Management practice exam
- Project Time Management
- Project Time Management (continued)
- Practical Exercise: Time management practice exam
- Project Cost Management
- Practical Exercise: Earned Value Management calculations practice
- Practical Exercise: Cost management practice exam
- Project Quality Management
- Practical Exercise: Quality Management practice exam
- Project Human Resources Management
- Practical Exercise: Human Resources Management practice exam
- Project Communications Management
- Practical Exercise: Communications Management practice exam
- Project Risk Management
- Practical Exercise: Risk Management practice exam
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Practical Exercise: Stakeholder Management practice exam
- Leadership and Motivation
- Professional Ethics and Responsibility
- Practical Exercise: Professional Ethics and Responsibility practice exam
- PMP Practice Exams
- Practical Exercise: Multiple PMP simulation exams