Online Programs Admissions Recruiter
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology is looking for a full-time Admissions Recruiter to support the online undergraduate programs enrollment needs by generating and following up on leads. This position is responsible for communicating with prospective students on a daily basis and maintaining prospect information in the admission database tracking system. The Admissions Recruiter proactively identifies prospective students and works with them throughout all stages of the recruitment process from inquiry to enrollment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective students and lead generating entities through calls, emails and traditional mail as necessary
- Meet the annual recruitment goals of the admissions department
- Enter lead information into Jenzabar, the admissions database tracking software
- Follow-up with prospective students to submit applications to the University
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with prospective students to provide a high level of customer service, as a first point of contact
- Counsel and support students throughout each stage of the admission process
- Plan and execute online admission information sessions and on-campus events to promote the online programs
- Work independently, but cooperate with a high-functioning team to assist in the develop of recruitment and marketing strategies to attract and maintain a talented and diverse student body
- Communicate with faculty and administration to foster positive and successful working relationships
- Prepare reports related to the history and progress of defined enrollment characteristics, as needed
- Communicate the value of science and technology programs to both perspective students and families
- Be prepared to perform various other duties as needed, related to general admission activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- One to 3 years of successful experience in higher education recruiting or inside sales; experience recruiting for distance educations programs preferred
- Knowledge of any of the following fields is preferred, but not required: Nursing, Cyber Security, Business/Management
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and strong time management and organizational skills
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, knowledge of computer databases and receptive to the use of new technology while also able to utilize web and social media platforms for recruitment
- Strong work ethic, high level of energy and initiative and able to represent the integrity of the University
- Event planning, college and admissions and financial aid knowledge preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (reimbursement will be provided)
- Excellent tele-counseling skills
- Experience working with non-traditional and/or adult learners
- Knowledge of Jenzabar or admissions database tracking software
- Experience working in an admissions communications funnel from inquiry to deposit
- Ability to explain financial aid and scholarships to students and parents
- Candidates must be able to work independently and have a strong drive to initiate and follow-through with a plan.
- Must be available to work alternative schedules as needed, which can include evenings and weekends
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University- At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 350 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 6,300 as of May 1, 2018.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics and the first student cohort began in Fall 2017. A PhD in ISEM (Information Systems Engineering Management) will begin it’s first cohort in Fall 2018.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Government Technology Institute, and The Geospatial Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with:
- Penn State University – USA
- Francis University – USA
- Ramnarian Ruia College – Mumbai, India
- Acharya Institutes – Bangalore, India
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos – Madrid, Spain
- The University College of the Cayman Islands – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- EFREI, Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies and Esigetel, Digital Systems and Communicating Objects – Paris, France
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya- Barcelona, Spain
- Rede das Faculdades de Tecnologia e Ciencias – Bahia, Brazil
- St Aloysius College- India
- Dayananda Sagar Institutions – Bangalore, India
- Articulation agreements with:
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Alvernia University
- Montgomery College
- Community College of Philadelphia
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010 and the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.