Part-Time Security Desk Attendant
About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Our focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce — a necessary resource in today’s economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
This position is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the Academic Center.
- Enforce HU policies and procedures regarding security, badge visibility, smoking, etc.
- Intervene with disturbances when called
- Assist with Incident Response in an emergency
- Assist visitors and the general public with directions and questions
- Monitor building visitors
- Restock buildings vending machines
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or adequate related experience
- Previous security experience preferred but not required
- Strong professional communication skills
- Experience working with the public in customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook
- Experience in a college setting
- Experience in an urban setting
This position will be weekend based with the ability to supplement some hours from time to time during the week for back up coverage.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101