Harrisburg University of Science and Technology seeks a full-time staff recruiter to implement and evaluate strategies for the recruitment and selection of staff positions for the university while adhering to best hiring practices. The staff recruiter will partner with hiring managers to source and identify diverse, talented and highly qualified candidates and proactively build an ongoing pipeline of talent to help build effective teams across the university.
• Manage the entire talent acquisition process for full-time and part-time staff positions
• In collaboration with the AVP of Human Resources and the Executive Recruiter, develop overall recruitment strategies for staff
• Work with hiring managers to fully understand position requirements and develop the recruitment strategy for each position including developing interview questions, determining appropriate supplemental advertising or other recruitment techniques, candidate sourcing, screening applicants, interview coordination support, participating in the interview process, managing the candidate offer process, sending rejecting notices, ensuring all search records are retained in accordance with university policy, coordinate any required pre-employment screenings and other activities to support quality recruitment efforts
• Manages efficient recruiting, interviewing and hiring systems and processes ensuring a positive candidate experience from the initial contact through onboarding.
• Manages all recruitment marketing activities including posting positions, developing advertising strategies, utilizing social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter and targeted email campaigns, and collecting all collaterals and materials.
• Manages applicant-tracking database, collects and analyzes data on demographics and hiring activity for use in recruitment plans
• Coordinate with the hiring managers to submit all job requisitions through the appropriate approval process and coordinate all external job advertisements
• Ensure that hiring managers are provided relevant training and resources related to legal, diversity, and best practices in hiring
• Remain current on recruitment and screening trends and practices including utilizing social media, developing talent pools, and other methods of generating applicants
• Maintain the applicant tracking system, troubleshoot system errors, recommend system enhancements, etc. and develop and provide training on the applicant tracking system to hiring managers and other participants in the recruitment process
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a human resources position or functional area including experience in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits; higher education experience is preferred
• Demonstrated technology skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite and common software applications
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws governing hiring and employment
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to develop a rapport with team leaders, hiring managers, prospective employees and new hires to ensure successful recruitment processes
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment
• Comprehensive understanding and appreciation of a diverse work environment and demonstrated initiatives for recruiting for diversity
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.