Student Success Coordinator
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology seeks a full-time Student Success Coordinator to support the continued integration of student services related to academic advising,
student development coaching, and career exploration. The Student Success Coordinator ensures that students receive appropriate academic advice and assists students in establishing productive relationships with faculty, staff, and other students. The Student Success Coordinator programs activities designed to assist students in making critical transitions, develop their academic plans, connect with other students and engage with learning communities.
This position is responsible for monitoring the persistence, retention and graduation rates for a cohort of students. Through individual meetings, small groups, interventions, workshops, seminars and integration into SEMR 100(First Year Experience Course). In addition, the coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that all cognitive, meta-cognitive, and social factors affecting retention and success are addressed.
- Provides goal-oriented advising to foster informed choices in students’ educational planning. Assist students as needed with course registration
- Assists students in understanding academic studies, curriculum requirements, and the relationship between majors and careers
- Assist students with the development of individualized Progress Towards Degree (PTD) Plan and assess students’ progress electronically using data management software
- Initiate routine check points for academic progress and student well-being such as 5-week notices first-month check-in and registration reminder
- Support students on academic probation with the development of individualized Academic Improvement Plans (AIP) and track students’ progress electronically using data management software
- Assist in pre-enrollment and orientation activities reinforcing the importance of a collective, integrated college experience geared toward academic and career success
- Participate in campus programming, including campus activities, student success, and life planning seminars, to enhance student life, enjoyment, and effectiveness
- Consult with faculty and staff to identify student learning and development needs
- Deliver skill-building workshops and/or major-specific programming to positively influence the academic success of students
- Master’s degree in higher education/college student development, counseling or related field.
- Two years of experience in a university setting providing direct service to students and knowledge of the entire student life cycle; experience in academic advising and case management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience incorporating creative ways of engaging with students
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy, flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, and employers
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office computer systems, experience with computer-based integrated student databases and receptive to the use of new technology while also able to utilize web and social media platforms; knowledge of Office 365, Simplicity’s Advocate, and the Jenzabar EX student information system is a plus
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.