User Experience Center (UXC) Lab Manager
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is establishing a User Experience Center (UXC) to further graduate and undergraduate education through hands-on engagement with research and development projects in the field of User Experience. To support the core mission of the UXC Lab, as well as other projects obtained through industry partnerships and grants, the University seeks a full-time User Experience Center (UXC) Lab
The UXC Lab Manager is primarily responsible for coordinating activities and productivity of the UXC Lab while overseeing undergraduate student researchers. Under the supervision of the UXC Laboratory Director, the Lab Manager provides supervision and assistance to undergraduate students on projects, training and grant work undertaken by the UXC.
· Oversee the daily operational management of the UXC Lab including maintaining equipment, tracking budgets, monitoring and tracking research projects and maintaining the lab and project schedules
· Supervise and monitor research projects when the UXC Director is unavailable
· Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate and graduate student researchers
· Perform, delegate and manage project tasks assigned to undergraduate students
· Schedule hours and supervise undergraduate students and assist with training student workers on the facilities to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
· Assist the UXC Director with the drafting of reports, presentations and supplemental graphical or other supporting material on completed product testing procedures GTC’s capabilities
· Assist students with technical challenges and troubleshooting IT issues as necessary
· Assist the UXC Director with professional development training and high school summer
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or Interactive Design, User Experience, Usability Design, Human Factors or similar major with a concentration/certificate in User Experience related skillsets
- 2 to 3 years of experience and familiarity with basic research methods in product testing, usability evaluation, and empirical research; experience with VR or AR testing are a plus.
- Project Management and classroom training experience is highly desired
- Must be detail and quality oriented, highly organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and G-suite is required for project, time and budget tracking
- Proficiency with Open Broadcasting Software, video editing tools, Qualtrics (or similar data collection program), Vocalize, Power BI, Tableau, oculometry hardware and software, Adobe Premier Pro
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to author reports, presentations and supplemental graphical or other supporting material in English on completed product testing procedures GTC’s capabilities; additional language skills will be considered a plus
- Must be prepared to play a leadership and management role that includes directing student tasks and explaining project processes and methodologies
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.