- Only non-profit science and technology-focused comprehensive non-profit university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Supports the academic success of members of groups historically under-represented in applied science and technology fields
- Private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) university
- Incorporated in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education June 22, 2009
- Signature 16-story $73-million state-of-the-art Academic Center
- Wireless campus encompassing Strawberry Square
- Agreements with other higher education institutions–including Harrisburg Area Community College–for transfer students
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- HU has NOT raised tuition in the last 4 years
- Randall Grespin, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Eric D. Darr, Ph.D., President
- Duane F. Maun, CPA, Vice President for Finance
- Bilita Mattes, Ed.D., Provost
- The University’s total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students is 3,500 as of June 1, 2017. Additionally, each year several hundred individuals attend the University for training, professional and continuing education, certificate or dual enrollment programs.
- 100 percent of accepted undergraduate students receive a scholarship from HU.
- Undergraduate Student Body is 47% female, and 65% minority
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU is able to successfully educate 55 students per administrative position, whereas the average PASSHE school can only educate 6 students per administrative position.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduation is $6,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Management and eBusiness, Geospatial Technology, Interactive Media, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science (M.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology, Computer Information Sciences, Health Informatics, Information Systems Engineering and Management, Project Management, and Learning Technologies
- Ph.D in Data Sciences
- Trimester system
Centers & Programs
- Harrisburg University is home to the Agile Lean Center, Analytics Institute, Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center, and the Security Center of Excellence.