Accreditation and Approvals
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Program offerings are authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Postsecondary and Adult Education, 333 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17126.
- Approved to participate in the federal Title IV, HEA student assistance programs by the U.S. Department of Education, 7th & D Streets, SW, Washington, DC 20202.
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for veterans and eligible dependents to obtain education benefits through the Veteran’s Administration (VA).
- Approved by the Veterans Administration to participate in the “Yellow Ribbon” program.
- Authorized under federal law by the Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS-USICE) as an eligible institution for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to enroll non-immigrant students.
- An articulation agreement with another institution of higher education permits students enrolled in certain associate degree programs to transfer credits into specific degree programs at the university. The university has articulation agreements with the following institutions: Harrisburg Area Community College; Community College of Baltimore County; Lehigh Carbon Community College; and, the Hussian School of Art. Additional articulation agreements are being pursued with various institutions of higher education.
- A consortium agreement with another institution of higher education allows a student to remain enrolled at the university while also taking credits at the visiting institution. The university has a consortium agreement for certain nanobiotechnology courses with The Pennsylvania State University – University Park Campus, and, the university has a consortium agreement for certain computer science courses with Saint Francis University.
Please see pages 57-163(undergraduate programs) or 193-228 (graduate programs) using the Catalog link.
Please see pages 231-234 of the Catalog.
Transfer of Credit Policy
Please see page 37 (undergraduate) and page 181 (graduate) of the Catalog.
Textbook information is available at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/harrisburgu.htm. All textbook information is distributed to students at the time of registration on the course schedule. HU uses an online bookstore for its students. For information, Click Here.
Price of Attendance 2015-2016
Tuition payment or satisfactory arrangement to pay tuition due is required before the first day of class. Part-time tuition is charged at the per semester hour rate . Full-time undergraduate tuition charges of $11,950 are for 12 to 17 semester hours. An undergraduate student who registers for more than 17 semester hours is subject to additional tuition costs at the per-semester hour rate (for example, tuition charged for 18 semester hours will be $11,950 + $1000 or $12,950). An undergraduate student who registers for 11 semester hours or fewer is charged the per semester hour rate multiplied by the number of registered semester hours.
The domestic graduate tuition rate is $800 per credit hour.
For information on Student Tuition click here.
For information on International Student Tuition click here.
Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
Please see pages 19 and pages 167 of the Catalog.
Net Price Calculator
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
The university building is accessible for persons with physical disabilities. Enhanced listening devices are available for the hearing-impaired. There are no other special accommodations or on-site services for students with other types of disabilities.
Copyright Infringement Policy
Please see pages 239 to 240 of the University Catalog..
Computer Use and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
Please see page 239 of the University Catalog.
The university is an urban institution that has a significant minority population.
Activities are scheduled throughout each semester, such as movie nights, dinner functions, and Harrisburg Young Professionals meetings. The university also has a diversity club that has quarterly activities.
Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
Career and Job Placement Services
Career and employment assistance is coordinated by the Office of Student Services. A survey of the 2015 graduates at May commencement showed 92 percent of the graduates who responded to a survey were employed in their field of study or accepted to graduate school within six months after graduation.
Student Financial Assistance
Federal, State and Institutional Financial Aid Program
Please see pages 24-30 of the Catalog.
Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Please see the Student Handbook.
Student Loan Information Initial Loan Counseling and Exit Counseling
Please refer to the federal Direct Loan website at www.studentloans.gov
Health & Safety
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
Please see the Student Handbook
The university does not require any specialized vaccinations. The student and parent are asked to self-certify that vaccinations required by state law for attendance in grades K-12 have been met.
For the Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics
The percentage of first-time, full-time undergraduate students who began their studies in Fall 2013 and returned in Fall 2014 was 55%.
The percentage of first-time, full-time undergraduate students who began their studies in Fall 2014 and returned in Fall 2015 was 47%.
The 4-year graduation rate for those undergraduate students who began their studies in Fall 2011 is 21.3%.
The 6-year graduation rate for those undergraduate students who began their studies in Fall 2008 is 21.0%.
The 8-year graduation rate for those undergraduate students who began their studies in Fall 2006 is 18.0%.
The transfer-out rate for Fall 2014 first-time, full-time students was 2%.
Job Placement for Graduates
Job placement assistance is available and coordinated by the Office of Student Services.
Job Placement Rate for 2015 Graduates
The job placement rate for all graduated students B.S. May 2015 is 92 percent of students who responded to a survey that they were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Graduate Student (M.S. degree) Job Placement Rate
The job placement rate for all MS degree graduated students from 2015 is 100%.
Pennsylvania voter registration information is available at www.votespa.com
Pell Grant and Stafford Loan Graduation Rate Report
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) (Sec. 488(a)(3)) states that completion or graduation rates must be disaggregated by:
- recipients of a Federal Pell Grant
- recipients of a subsidized Stafford Loan who did not receive a Pell Grant; and
- recipients who did not receive either a Pell Grant or a subsidized Stafford Loan
In accordance with the applicable statutes, Harrisburg University’s disaggregated graduation rates for first-time, full- time degree seeking students that enrolled in Fall 2009 are: