Accreditation and Approvals
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Program offerings are authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Postsecondary and Adult Education, 333 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17126.
- Approved to participate in the federal Title IV, HEA student assistance programs by the U.S. Department of Education, 7th & D Streets, SW, Washington, DC 20202.
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for veterans and eligible dependents to obtain education benefits through the Veteran’s Administration (VA).
- Approved by the Veterans Administration to participate in the “Yellow Ribbon” program.
- Harrisburg University of Science & Technology has been approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For a list of states and institutions that participate in NC-SARA, please visit http://www.nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions.
- Authorized under federal law by the Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS-USICE) as an eligible institution for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to enroll non-immigrant students.
- An articulation agreement with another institution of higher education permits students enrolled in certain associate degree programs to transfer credits into specific degree programs at the university. The university has articulation agreements with the following institutions: Alvernia University, Community College of Philadelphia, Harrisburg Area Community College; Community College of Baltimore County; Lehigh Carbon Community College; and, the Hussian College of Art. Additional articulation agreements are being pursued with various institutions of higher education.
- A consortium agreement with another institution of higher education allows a student to remain enrolled at the university while also taking credits at the visiting institution. The university has a consortium agreement for certain nanobiotechnology courses with The Pennsylvania State University – University Park Campus, and, the university has a consortium agreement for certain computer science courses with Saint Francis University.
- The university has course articulation agreements 24 secondary schools. Please see page 9 of the Undergraduate Catalog using.
Please see pages 60-187 (undergraduate programs) or 40-70 (graduate programs) using the Catalog link.
Please see page 192 of the Undergraduate Catalog and page 115 of the Graduate Catalog.
Transfer of Credit Policy
Please see page 37 (undergraduate) and page 24 (graduate) of the Catalog.
Textbook information is available at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/harrisburgu.htm. All textbook information is distributed to students at the time of registration on the course schedule. HU uses an online bookstore for its students. For information, Click Here.
Price of Attendance 2019-2020
Tuition payment or satisfactory arrangement to pay tuition due is required before the first day of class. Part-time tuition is charged at the per semester hour rate . Full-time undergraduate tuition charges of $11,950 are for 12 to 17 semester hours. An undergraduate student who registers for more than 17 semester hours is subject to additional tuition costs at the per-semester hour rate (for example, tuition charged for 18 semester hours will be $11,950 + $1000 or $12,950). An undergraduate student who registers for 11 semester hours or fewer is charged the per semester hour rate multiplied by the number of registered semester hours.
The domestic graduate tuition rate is $800 per credit hour.
For information on Student Tuition click here.
For information on International Student Tuition click here.
Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
Please see page 19 of the Undergrad Catalog and page 15 of the Graduate Catalog.
Net Price Calculator
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
The university buildings are accessible for persons with physical disabilities. Enhanced listening devices are available for the hearing-impaired. There are no other special accommodations or on-site services for students with other types of disabilities.
Copyright Infringement Policy
Please see page 203 of the Undergraduate Catalog and page 127 of the Graduate Catalog.
Computer Use and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
Please see page 202 of the Undergraduate Catalog and page 126 of the Graduate Catalog.
The university is an urban institution that has a significant minority population.
Student Services and Activities
The Office of Student Services provides educational, personal, and professional support to promote student development and success. The Office of Student Services, in collaboration with other staff and faculty, enhances the mission of the University by providing an inclusive campus community, promoting leadership opportunities and providing resources and programming to facilitate academic success. Please see page 27 of the Undergraduate Catalog and page 17 of the Graduate Catalog links.
Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
Career and Job Placement Services
Career and employment assistance is coordinated by the office of Employer Relations and Career Development. A survey of the 2018 graduates at May commencement showed 92 percent of the graduates who responded to a survey were employed in their field of study or accepted to graduate school within six months after graduation.