Outstanding scholarly and professional achievement: These are the goals of the master-of-science degrees at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. This is the campus of choice for graduate students who value accessibility, flexibility, affordability, and a rich blend of deep, specialized knowledge in a field of study. We are committed to providing exceptional educational opportunities in a student-centered environment.
Harrisburg University’s graduate programs are designed to meet the educational needs of those who seek a full-time or part-time graduate education consistent with a technologically diverse and rapidly changing work environment. And working adults will appreciate the convenient schedules that can include online, weekend and evening classes. Most of HU master’s programs are available all online for non-international students. All the programs are taught in an executive weekend format where students are on campus one weekend a month and take weekly classes online. Most programs have starts in early fall, late fall, early spring, late spring, early summer, or late summer. Some programs only have starts in early fall, early spring and early summer. Start dates for those sessions are found on the Academic Calendar.
M.S. Admissions Requirements for Non-International Graduate Students
Each applicant’s candidacy will be evaluated once all admissions materials have been received.
The graduate admission process for non-international students requires the candidate to:
- complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply;
- submit final official undergraduate transcript(s) from the college or university at which a baccalaureate degree was conferred, and any other institution of higher education attended (whether or not academic credit was earned);
- submit a personal goal statement including:
- future goals: identify career/professional goals; and,
- leadership or group contributions: describe examples of leadership experience in which you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- submit a hard copy resume or by email to Masters@HarrisburgU.edu
- The University does not require the GRE/GMAT.
Questions should be sent via email to Masters@HarrisburgU.edu
A faculty admission committee will evaluate each applicant’s candidacy once all admissions materials have been received. The doctorate admission process requires the candidate to:
- Complete the application online at HarrisburgU.edu/Apply.
- Write an essay (in English) on how this degree supports the candidate’s academic and career aspirations.
- Submit final official transcript(s) from the college or university at which the highest degree earned was conferred. An unofficial transcript can be used for admissions decision but an official transcript must be sent prior to registration.
- Submission of an official record of Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE).
- Provide two letters of recommendation from academic or industry professionals.
- Submit a resume.
- Interview with Faculty Admission Committee (University will schedule with candidates after receipt of the complete application packet).
In addition to the documents required above, an international student planning to attend the University on a student (F-1) visa must include:
- copies of Visa, passport, 1-20
- bank statements showing $26,500 or an affidavit of financial support (email PHD@HarrisburgU.edu if you need one)
- In addition to satisfying the appropriate admissions requirements and procedures, an international student must demonstrate proficiency in the English language if admitted as a non-resident candidate. Academic records should include courses studied, grades earned, diplomas, certificates, and results of comprehensive national examinations. Transcripts from a U.S. institution will suffice.
English Requirement for International Students
A demonstration of English language proficiency is required of any student who is not a United States citizen. Acceptable demonstrations would include one of the following:
- completing a college degree program from a regionally accredited United States institution of higher education,
- scoring above average on the Analytical Writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE),
- earning a TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the web-based version, 200 on the computer version, or 520 on the paper version; or
- earning an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher.
You will find answers to non-admissions related questions at http://global.harrisburgu.edu/iso/
You may request an application by emailing PHD@HarrisburgU.edu or complete the degree application online (it is free) If you complete the online application YOU MUST print a copy and send that with your complete files to PHD@HarrisburgU.edu
Your complete application packet should be sent via email to PHD@HarrisburgU.edu
Domestic graduate tuition rate: is $800 per semester hour, part-time and full-time. For academic purposes, a graduate student taking 6 or more credits is considered full-time.
International Graduate Student Admissions Requirements and Curricular Practical Training
To receive information on the requirements for graduate admissions for international students, please email your request to CPT@HarrisburgU.edu Click here for requirements for admissions and Curricular Practical Training! All of the University’s graduate programs are STEM approved and Curricular Practical Training is offered.